Expecting an ATAR of 80.00 or above? Be rewarded with a $2,000 Murdoch First Scholarship to kick-start your university journey at Murdoch. If you achieve an ATAR of 90.00 or higher, you may be eligible for a $3,000 scholarship.
Invest in your potential and reward your achievement with the Murdoch First Scholarship.
Murdoch First is open to Year 12 students applying to university through TISC. You may be eligible for the Murdoch First Scholarship if you:
- Achieve an unadjusted ATAR of 80.00 or above
- Choose an eligible Murdoch undergraduate course as your first preference through TISC by TISC's December closing date.
- Meet English Language Competency (ELC)
- Enrol full-time
- Are an Australian or New Zealand citizen or permanent resident.
All undergraduate degrees excluding Veterinary Science.
See full terms and conditions
It’s easy! You will automatically be considered if you qualify. Simply choose an eligible Murdoch undergraduate course as your first preference in TISC by the closing date and if you meet the terms and conditions, you could be our newest Murdoch First recipient.
If you’re eligible, we will contact you in March to get your bank details. The scholarship will be paid in two equal instalments – one per consecutive semester of study – directly to your nominated bank account.
For more information call us on 9360 1762.
- I’m a current Murdoch student and I’m transferring to another undergraduate Murdoch course. Am I eligible for Murdoch First? No, this scholarship is for new commencing students who haven’t previously studied at Murdoch.
- What other scholarship options are available? If you’re not eligible for Murdoch First, explore our wide range of other scholarships. Choose from a variety of categories that reward students based on equity and merit.
- My adjusted ATAR is over 80.00. Am I eligible for a Murdoch First Scholarship? Eligibility for the scholarship is based on your non-adjusted ATAR score (found at the top of your Universities Admissions Advice Letter).
- Do I need to let Murdoch know how I spend the scholarship? No, but we encourage you to use the payment towards education related expenses.
- Can I combine the Murdoch First Scholarship with another scholarship offered by Murdoch University?
Yes, it is possible to combine another scholarship with the Murdoch First Scholarship, provided it is a donor-funded scholarship and not a University-funded scholarship. It is only possible to receive one University-funded scholarship per academic year.
- My first preference was a Murdoch course that has restricted places. If I miss out on a place and selected a Murdoch course as my second preference in TISC, am I still eligible to receive the Murdoch First Scholarship? Yes. Provided you select a Murdoch University course as your first preference and you meet all the other criteria, you may still be eligible for the Murdoch First Scholarship.
- I had Murdoch courses as my first and second preferences at TISC closure. I didn’t get into the course I had as a first preference in TISC but I was offered a place in my second preference course. Will I still be considered for the scholarship? Yes, provided you accept your offer and meet all eligibility criteria, you will receive the Murdoch First Scholarship.
- How do I find a copy of my Universities Admissions Advice Letter, which shows my ATAR? Please contact TISC for more information.
- I completed an International Baccalaureate (IB), am I eligible for the Murdoch First Scholarship? Yes, if you completed the IB and received a score of 27 -32, you may be eligible for $2,000. If you completed the IB with a score of 33 or higher, you may be eligible for $3,000.
- I don’t have an ATAR but I completed the Special Tertiary Admissions Test (STAT) to get into university. Am I eligible for the Murdoch First Scholarship? No, you are not eligible for the Murdoch First Scholarship but you may be eligible for other undergraduate scholarships on offer. Find out more.
- I have an unadjusted ATAR of 80.00 or higher but I didn’t achieve the required ATAR English scaled score of 50. Can I still be considered for the Murdoch First Scholarship? Yes, you will still be considered for the Scholarship if you have a Murdoch University course as your first preference in TISC by TISC’s closing date to amend preferences for the December offer round and pass the English Component of STAT prior to admission and meet all other eligibility criteria.